Who are Milltech Training?
Milltech is an independent training organisation with over 35 years experience in helping young people achieve nationally recognised qualifications and employment.
Throughout these years we have developed strong links with companies both large and small throughout the North East, providing high quality work placements with reputable employers, where young people can gain practical experience within their chosen industry.
We have always looked to combine new developments with a pioneering approach to learning and strive to maintain an innovative outlook. This approach has led to the company receiving many national training awards over the years.
• Intermediate Apprenticeships for a Level 2 Qualification.
• Advanced Apprenticeships for a Level 3 Qualification, (equal to 2 A Levels which may allow progression on to a Degree Course).
• You will be employed from commencement of your apprenticeship at a rate of at least £3.90 per hour.
• You will gain real work experience towards Framework and Standards achievements.
• You will earn while you learn and each employer will commit to ensure that 20% of your paid time is set aside for off the job training.
• Additional apprenticeships for Level 5 Management Training will be available.
Training & Apprenticeships:
- Motor Vehicle Industry
- Business & Administration
- Customer Service
- Team Leading
- IT (Information Technology)
- Sales and Telesales
- Learning and Development
- Employment Related Services
All apprenticeships can be tailored to suit the needs of your business. Research has consistently shown that apprentices trained and directed by you help productivity and increase the competitiveness in your business. We currently have around 200 apprentices in training locally thanks to our existing network of local employers with many then going on to complete a second and third qualification with us.
Should you feel it would be helpful to your company’s short or long term vision, Milltech can undertake a Company Training Review with you, in order to help identify exactly what skills you should be looking for in trainees.
Find out more: milltechtraining.co.uk
£1MILLION Worth of Work for Wearside is also sponsored by The North East Autism Society
About the North East Autism Society
For almost 40 years we’ve led the way in providing autism-specific care and education for children, young people and adults across the North-east of England.
Recognised for our innovation and excellence, everything we do stems from an unswerving belief in providing bespoke person-centred support. It’s at the heart of who we are to recognise the uniqueness of every human being, and to understand that no two autistic people, or in fact any humans within an understanding of neurodiversity, will have the same needs or wants.
We passionately believe that autistic children and adults have significant skills and strengths, which can be developed throughout their lifetime. Our approach aims to support individuals to participate in society as independent and valued citizens, enjoying equal rights and opportunities but also enriching the world around them.
WORKING AT NEAS
We have exciting opportunities to pioneer new services for autistic and / or neurodivergent children, young people and adults.
We appreciate that applicants may lack direct or personal experience of autism and neurodiversity, however, we have developed a detailed training and induction programme for successful candidates. This includes a comprehensive welcome to working at the North East Autism Society and an introduction to autism.
If you have a passion for helping others, if you’re willing to learn more about autism and neurodiversity, and you know you’re someone who can really make a difference – then this could be the rewarding career you’ve been looking for.
Working independently, or as part of a team, you will support young people and adults to access a range of activities. Your enthusiasm, the ability to use your own initiative, your resilience and drive within a demanding role will all be utilised.
Our roles require someone who is people-centred, has good communication and interpersonal skills and who has a flexible approach to working routines.
We offer excellent terms and conditions. Joining our NEAS family will mean:
• Working in a positive, friendly, rewarding environment, building your experience and career.
• Dedicated support from our learning and development team who will work alongside you and your new line manager to enhance your career with our specialist training programmes. This is just the start of your new career!
• Having a hands-on role, valuing and supporting people. If you thrive on helping others, knowing everything you do is contributing to lives being changed then this could be the opportunity for you.
• Other benefits include a Bike-to-Work scheme, pension contributions, an annual staff awards evening recognising and rewarding staff achievements, 36 days holiday (pro-rata for part time roles).
• The North East Autism Society is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. These posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on successful applicants, including obtaining an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check which the society will pay for.
You will find details of our current opportunities here:
The North East Autism Society is a Disability Confident Employer which means we guarantee to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for this job vacancy.