Finding Talent that Educates
Learning Curve Group Recruitment are currently working with one of Wales largest training providers who are looking to recruit an Internal Quality Assurer in Health & Social Care to lead, motivate and develop a team of Assessors to improve the quality of delivery across all learning programmes, ensuring high quality teaching, learning and assessment for all learners.
• Responsible for motivating and developing a team of Assessors to ensure learners have a positive learning experience and KPIs are achieved
• Responsible for developing a team of Assessors to improve the quality of delivery across all learning programmes
• Responsible for managing sampling and verification activities to improve the progression and achievement of learners
• Responsible for ensuring that all IQA activities continually meet the needs of the learners, exceed the requirements of Awarding Organisations, Welsh Government, Estyn and Itec
• Manage an ongoing cycle of standardisation meetings for Assessors to ensure best practice is shared across all sectors
• Manage delivery models and other resources to embed a consistent and standardised approach to delivery
• Accountable for ensuring literacy and numeracy are embedded throughout the learning programme
• Accountable for ensuing Assessors embed the cross cutting themes of Safeguarding/Prevent, ESDGC, Wales the Language and Culture, Equality & Diversity and Health & Safety/Well-being
• Complete regular sampling of Assessor activity to ensure consistency across the team
• Ensure sampling is completed and turned around within the timescales set
• Know and understand what profiles are planned each month, planning to ensure the profiles are achieved.
• Monitor closely the ‘panel process’ to ensure all portfolios are accounted for
• Responsible for completing IQA reports, clearly, well written and with sufficient detailed to support and improve performance
• Participate in and/or manage EQA visits to ensure the visit schedule is adhered to, all portfolios requested are presented and meet the standards resulting in a positive visit
• Responsible for managing, planning and completing IQA observations of Assessors to ensure the IQA strategy is met
• Accountable for coaching and developing Assessors ensuring they are ‘excellent’ in their grading
• Ensure Assessors are supported, trained and developed with particular focus on those that are unqualified and those that have been graded ‘adequate or unsatisfactory’
• Ensure all staff are aware of developments in their occupational sector by way of self-study and research and CPD logs / records maintained
• Support the Quality Assurance Manager by identifying improvements to the IQA strategy through a processes of review to improve delivery and success rates
• Aid in the development of new qualifications and gain centre/scheme approval when necessary
• Accountable for the development of resources and learning materials to support a wide range of vocational and learning needs.
• Develop current processes to ensure continuous improvement in the delivery of all qualifications to meet KPIs and exceed success rate targets
• Maintain knowledge and adherence to Work Based Learning Professional Standards, Education Workforce Code of Practice and company’s Code of Conduct
• To ensure security of company assets
• To comply with all company policies and procedures
• To comply with the companies safeguarding policy & procedure
• To comply with Equal Opportunities Legislation and be proactive in challenging prejudice, discrimination and stereotyping.
• To implement in full the Company’s quality policies and procedures.
• To consult the Company Health and Safety Policy with regards to their specific responsibilities as described in the general arrangements section
• To give consideration to their actions at work as to how they may affect the safety of Learners, clients and visitors to Company premises
• Support organisations core values
• Co-operate with all staff to achieve a healthy and safe workplace and reporting any risks identified, at the company’s or others premises, to the designated Health and Safety Officer.
• Other duties that may be identified from time to time by the Company.
• Attend relevant training / personal development programmes
• Contributory Pension Scheme – 4% employer / 5% employee contribution
• Annual Leave 25– 28 days Plus Bank Holidays (inclusive of Christmas Shut Down)
• Training and Continual Professional Development Opportunities
• Travel expenses and business mileage
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Eye Sight Scheme
• Gym Membership
• Life Insurance
• NUS discount card
• Experience of delivery within the required area of training
• Experience of Work Based Learning
• Experience of Award Body practices
• Qualified or with the potential and willingness to work towards
• CAVA Qualification or equivalent qualification
• ESW Communication Level 2
• ESW Application of Number Level 2
• Assessor experience
• Health & Social Care occupational experience
• NVQ delivery experience of Health & Social Care routes
• Full driving licence with use of own vehicle
Qualified or with the potential and willingness to work towards
• TAQA Qualification or equivalent qualification
• City & Guilds 9300 Level 2 in supporting Adults and Young People in Essential Skills
To apply for this job please visit lcg-hr.force.com.