1 JOB DETAILS
Job Title: Office & Finance Co-ordinator Reports to: Chief Executive
Salary: £12,973 Department:
Hours: 20 hours a week Location: Grace House, Bardolph Drive, Southwick, Sunderland, SR5 2DE
2 JOB PURPOSE
To oversee all administrative and financial functions and tasks within the organisation to ensure the charity is efficient, effective and responsive. To lead on the recruitment of Grace House volunteers and support with social media.
3 MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To ensure all office administration and financial tasks are carried out to a high standard
• To accurately maintain the accounts on Sage 50
• To process and pay all invoices.
• Co-ordinate payment of staff salaries
• Co-ordinate Petty Cash
• Monitor Grace House bank accounts
• To prepare monthly management accounts information for the CEO and Board
• Create new budgets, including being able to provide salary information
• Create budget forecasts
• Provide finance reporting on the income generated by Grace House Fundraisers
• To monitor all restricted grants and unrestricted income and provide information to relevant project staff
• To work with the accountants and auditors to prepare the annual accounts
• To support with the publishing of the Grace House annual report.
• To monitor the spending of all Grants and to fulfil any reporting requirements
• To carry out all tasks with full consideration of Health and Safety issues
• Maintain Donor records on donorflex and be able to retrieve reports
• Lead on booking of public meeting rooms within Grace House and generate invoices
• Lead on the recruitment of Grace House volunteers including the DBS application process
• Co-ordinate Grace House reception desk volunteers, including recruitment, training and roats
• Carry out banking duties
• Support CEO in administration tasks relating to HR and recruitment
• Submission of gift aid and claims
• Actively supporting young people with addition needs in gaining work experience
• Amend website content
• Designated Fire warden
6 KEY RESULT AREAS
• Support the development of the Grace House vision by making a contribution to development and delivery plans.
• Represent and be an ambassador of Grace House both internally and externally.
• Support Grace House in meeting its annual targets.
Organisational Culture and Behaviours
• Take responsibility for meeting individual targets and contribute to shared team objectives.
• Contribute to financial performance by ensuring best value for money whilst supporting and raising the profile of fundraising initiatives.
• Actively give and receive feedback in a constructive manner.
• Have integrity and be trustworthy in everything you do.
• Take personal responsibility for all actions undertaken.
• Ensure that administrative and financial tasks are performed to a high standard, accurately and on time
• Develop new systems to support the organisation as it grows and changes
7 COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The main contacts for the post holder will be
• SCAS Service manager
• Accountants and auditors
• All Grace House staff and volunteers
8 SCOPE FOR IMPACT
• Creating effective administrative and financial processes, to ensure an effective organisation
9 CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITIES
Health & Safety
• Model and lead the attitudes and practice which puts Health and Safety and Wellbeing as a high priority.
• Actively follow the Grace House Health & Safety Policy and ensure safe systems of work for self and others. This includes following instructions and actively participating in training and development to ensure compliance and best practice.
• Maintain a pro-active awareness of the Health and Safety implications of the demands of the job for self, others and service users.
• It is the responsibility of all individuals to comply with infection control policies and to attend any appropriate training requirements in line with Grace House’s responsibility to comply with Governmental Directives.
• As an employee of Grace House, the confidentiality of any information regarding children, families, staff (in connection with their employment), volunteers and the organisation is required to be preserved.
• Maintain a proactive awareness of the Grace House safeguarding children and vulnerable adults’ policy, regularly attend training and report any concerns in accordance with the policy.
• Understand and follow all relevant policies and procedures.
• Participate in all reasonable learning, development and training activity designed to support you in performing your role including team meetings.
• Promote equality, diversity and inclusion as an integral aspect of working at Grace House and lead by example in both actions and behaviours.
11 JOB DESCRIPTION AGREEMENT
Job Holders Signature: Date:
Line Managers Signature:
12 This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties. The post holder is expected to be flexible and undertake any further duties as requested and deemed commensurate of the grade. Job descriptions should be reviewed annually as part of the appraisal process, or sooner if required.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
A working experience of Sage 50 Accounts programme
A working knowledge of managing several budgets both restricted and unrestricted
Experience of invoicing
Excellent administrative skills
Knowledge and experience of all Microsoft office packages
Some knowledge of recruitment processes
Educated to good standard
Be IT literate to excellent standard
Knowledge of payroll
Understanding of voluntary sector
Experience of health and well-being activities to groups
Must be able to multitask, with a can-do attitude
Ability to react to demanding situations and problem solve
A team player willing to take on other duties within Grace House
Willingness to undertake training and development
Ensuring safeguarding is a project priority
Ability to be flexible, adaptable and responsive to the child’s needs
Excellent organisational skills
AAT qualification or similar
Grace House is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
The successful applicant will be required to provide two satisfactory professional written references prior to appointment being confirmed.
Grace House North East is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post prior to the appointment being confirmed.
This post is exempt from the provisions of Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, by virtue of the Exceptions Order 1975 as amended by the Exceptions (Amendment Order 1986). This means that convictions that are spent under the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 must still be disclosed and will be taken into account in deciding whether to make an appointment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.