1 JOB DETAILS
Job Title: Facilities and Building Co-ordinator Reports to: Chief Executive
Salary: £12,973 Department:
Hours: 20 hours a week Location: Grace House, Bardolph Drive, Southwick, Sunderland, SR5 2DE
2 JOB PURPOSE
Building Facilities and maintenance co-ordination, responsible for ensuring that Grace House systems are operating correctly (Power, Heating, Water, Wastewater/Gas/Air Con System/Security/ Equipment/ vehicles etc).
This will include co-ordinating all maintenance & repair and ensuring maintenance schedules & services to all buildings and outside areas are completed and co-ordinating contractors. To run both the site and take a strategic view.
To ensure Grace House meeting rooms are set up in advance and maintained throughout their use.
3 MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To manage the contracts and maintenance of site facility services (including outside areas), including lifts, drains, service items, fire alarm systems, metre readings, telecomms, refuse collections and other items facilities and utilities.
• Line managing the Maintenance and Activities Support Worker to ensure that: records services are collected; regular maintenance tasks are carried out
• To co-ordinate all Health and Safety issues relating to building and infrastructure including all outside areas ensuring all duties are carried out in line with Grace House procedures, health and safety and other inhouse requirements
• To manage on site contractors and building maintenance projects and co-ordinate and supervise subcontractors where necessary
• Engage external consultants and contractors when necessary on maintenance work
• Ensuring regular maintenance tasks are carried out, liaising with short breaks team and Grace House CEO to decide on priorities.
• Ordering of site facility stock such as consumables, toiletries and cleaning equipment is maintained
• Ensuring all work is being completed to the highest standard possible, meeting building regulations where needed and within strict deadlines
• Obtain estimates and procure materials orders, liaise with CEO regarding this.
• Co-ordinate maintenance budgets and maintain financial objectives
• Review progress and liaise with management to monitor costs and progress
• Maintain quality control procedures as well as site paperwork and drawings
• Thorough knowledge of H&S procedures excelling at best practice guidelines for construction
• To ensure public meeting rooms are clean and fully equipped and set up in advance for room booking and then supported through the day.
• To actively support and encourage young people with additional needs who may participate in work experience
• Efficiently manage and resolve all maintenance issues
• Ensure Grace House mini bus is serviced, MOT’s and all other safety checks completed in timely manner
• Ensure communal areas are kept clean and tidy and manage cleaning contractor
• Ensure COSHH records remain up to date.
• Designated Fire warden
4 KEY RESULT AREAS
• Support the development of the Grace House vision by making a contribution to development and delivery plans.
• Represent and be an ambassador of Grace House both internally and externally.
• Support Grace House in meeting its annual targets.
Organisational Culture and Behaviours
• Take responsibility for meeting individual targets and contribute to shared team objectives.
• Contribute to financial performance by ensuring best value for money whilst supporting and raising the profile of fundraising initiatives.
• Actively give and receive feedback in a constructive manner.
• Have integrity and be trustworthy in everything you do.
• Take personal responsibility for all actions undertaken.
• Ensure the property functions well and is safe for all users
• Develop new systems to support the organisation as it grows and changes
5 COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The main contacts for the post holder will be
• Equipment and building servicing contractors and suppliers
• SCAS Service manager
• All Grace House staff
6 SCOPE FOR IMPACT
• The property always meets Ofsted standards and contributes to continuous improvement in inspection ratings
• Opportunities for positive media stories
7 CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITIES
Health & Safety
• Model and lead the attitudes and practice which puts Health and Safety and Wellbeing as a high priority.
• Actively follow the Grace House Health & Safety Policy and ensure safe systems of work for self and others. This includes following instructions and actively participating in training and development to ensure compliance and best practice.
• Maintain a pro-active awareness of the Health and Safety implications of the demands of the job for self, others and service users.
• It is the responsibility of all individuals to comply with infection control policies and to attend any appropriate training requirements in line with Grace House’s responsibility to comply with Governmental Directives.
• As an employee of Grace House, the confidentiality of any information regarding children, families, staff (in connection with their employment), volunteers and the organisation is required to be preserved.
• Any breach of this requirement will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence which could lead to dismissal and civil action for damages.
• Maintain a proactive awareness of the Grace House safeguarding children and vulnerable adults policy, regularly attend training and report any concerns in accordance with the policy.
• Understand and follow all relevant policies and procedures.
• Participate in all reasonable learning, development and training activity designed to support you in performing your role including team meetings.
• Promote equality, diversity and inclusion as an integral aspect of working at Grace House and lead by example in both actions and behaviours.
8 MOST CHALLENGING PART OF THE JOB
• Keeping up to date with changing regulations
• Managing a building with multiple users/occupiers
9 JOB DESCRIPTION AGREEMENT
Job Holders Signature: Date:
Line Managers Signature:
10 This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties. The post holder is expected to be flexible and undertake any further duties as requested and deemed commensurate of the grade. Job descriptions should be reviewed annually as part of the appraisal process, or sooner if required.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Previous experience of working within a facilities environment in a supervisory or management role
Candidates with experience as: Site Manager, Building Manager, Development Manager, Residential facilities manager can also be considered for this role.
Experience/ knowledge of maintenance work in public buildings.
Knowledge of the technical aspect of premises management
Good standard of education
Excellent knowledge of building methods and regulations
A good awareness of Health and Safety legislation and knowledge of environmental protection requirements, and ideally IOSH qualified.
IT literate together with an understanding.
Contractor management experience
Must be able to multitask, with a can-do attitude
Ability to react to demanding situations and problem solve
A team player willing to take on other duties within Grace House
Willingness to undertake training and development
Ensuring safeguarding is a project priority
Ability to be flexible, adaptable and responsive to the child’s needs
Excellent communication skills
Health and safety and building maintenance qualifications
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.