Fire safety is a key priority for Gentoo Group. We recognise the importance of managing fire safety to ensure our tenants and colleagues are safe. In this role you will undertake fire risk assessments within the Gentoo Group portfolio of buildings under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. This will include desktop reviews of relevant fire documentation (e.g., existing fire risk assessment reports; existing fire safety strategy reports; fire drawings) as well as site inspections for carrying out the fire risk assessments. You will also assist in the administration and issuing of remedial actions arising from fire risk assessments.
We’re looking for someone who has the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• Knowledge of current fire safety legislation and best practice.
• Experience of undertaking fire risk assessments, particularly (but not exclusively) in the housing or property management sectors.
• Experience of the effective management of fire safety, particularly (but not exclusively) in the housing or property management sectors.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A team player who will promote a “one Gentoo” approach to fire safety.
You will hold a recognised certificate in fire risk assessment, such as the Fire Protection Agency Certificate in Fire Risk Assessment or the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management. You will be willing to continuously develop your fire safety knowledge.
This post is subject to a basic disclosure.
To apply for this job please visit www.gentoopeople.com.