We’re Atom bank
We’re an app only bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
● Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019.
● Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies.
● Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
● The UK’s most trusted bank on Trustpilot.
Want to join us?
Atom is a provocative, ambitious and driven Fintech that’s embarking on a chapter of major growth and is looking for a Digital Marketing Executive to join the marketing team, to be a key part of this exciting and fast-paced journey.
As a Telephone Business Development Manager , you will provide inbound and outbound telephone and digital management of our residential & commercial intermediary distribution partners and provide support to the Regional Business Development Managers (RBDM) and National Account Managers (NAM) across the UK.
The TBDM will be responsible for the volume and quality of new business applications through a panel of defined intermediaries in an agreed regional or national area; ensuring they are trained on our systems, informed on our products and criteria, comply with our regulations and standards, and deliver the right outcomes for customers.
The role will require you to use your relationship building skills and market knowledge to identify and engage high quality intermediary firms to become advocates and supporters of the bank. As the bank continues to grow and develop its proposition, you will ensure activity and performance levels are aligned to the overall business plan.
You will be responsible for delivering outstanding service to our Intermediary partners and working closely with the Regional Business Development Managers, National Account Managers and our internal teams to ensure quality and compliance throughout the new business application processes and product lifecycle.
You will be part of an energetic, empowered and capable team that delivers a strong intermediary proposition, a partnership approach to our networks and intermediary firms & robust first line of defence activities.
The role holder will work alongside the Director of Retail Mortgages, Head of Business Development, Regional Business
Development Managers, National Account Managers, Mortgage Processing, Customer Support and other key business areas internal and external.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like? (but, no two days are the same at Atom):
· Build, develop and maintain fantastic relationships with our residential & commercial intermediaries and firms.
· Deliver & help design telephone and internet-based meetings, presentations and comprehensive training material across the intermediary panel.
· Ensure all intermediary business delivery is consistent and compliant with relevant regulation and quality measures.
· Maintain knowledge of both residential & commercial products, lending criteria, operational processes and system developments and accurately deliver this knowledge to the intermediary market.
· Build and share knowledge internally and externally around trends and developments in the financial services marketplace (e.g. regulation, best practices, product developments)
· Support the RBDMs and NAMs with occasional attendance at broker meetings, roadshows, industry events, networking events, etc.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
· Proven and demonstrable experience delivering inbound and outbound telephony based customer service or sales with strong relationship management skills
· Knowledge of the financial services market
· Flexible, adaptable, ability to respond to change
· A strong communicator and influencer at all levels
· Passionate about delivering service excellence
· Self-motivated with exceptional planning, organisation and activity management skills
What would we ideally like from you?
· CeMAP or previous experience in intermediary/business development
· Relationship management experience
· Mortgage related product experience
· Knowledge of the mortgage & intermediary market
What you’ll get from us:
· Competitive Salary
· Annual share option – performance related
· Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
· ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lesssons and a rowing membership.
· 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
· Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
· Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
· Life insurance – four times annual salary
· Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Continuous development – professional qualifications.
· Flexible working in a creative environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.