Website Aspen Wolf
Aspen Wolf are currently recruiting an experienced Housing officer for the Stockton area.
This contract is to commence ASAP and will be until the end of May 2020
- Housing disrepair complaints – HHSRS inspections, preparation of schedules of works.
- Communication and negotiation with owners, tenants, agents and social landlords.
- Enforcement including legal notices, PACE interviewing, production of prosecution files and attendance at court for cases and applications for warrants of entry.
- Investigation and intelligence gathering for both in-house and partner organisations.
- HMO licensing and inspection.
- Investigation and resolution of Statutory Nuisance complaints.
- Drainage investigation and resolution.
- Arrangement, scheduling and supervision of works in default.
- Immigration inspections.
- Landlord accreditation.
- Participation in multi-agency enforcement operations.
- Referral and monitoring of works under Council energy saving initiatives and homeowner financial assistance provided in partnership with external organisations.
- Planning application comments and advice to developers.
- Representation and training presentations to Landlord forums, Higher Education establishments, partnership agencies and internal groups
- Setting licensing conditions for residential caravan sites.
- Acting as a key contact in the management of Council owned Gypsy and Traveller sites.
- New legislation monitoring and writing of policy and procedures for implementation. Invoicing and debt collection follow up in relation to penalty notices, fees charged and works in default.
- Educated to NQF level 4 or equivalent in a directly relevant subject or the equivalent level of knowledge gained from demonstrable relevant work related experience
- Experience in the inspection of premises, identifying defects and production of statutory notices, schedules of work, technical reports and plans.
- Experience of meeting deadlines and time management.
- Experience of issues relating to privately rented housing.
- Sound knowledge of building construction practices and procedures.
- Ability to assess housing conditions using the Housing Health and Safety Rating System.
- An awareness of the legislation, regulations and codes of practice relevant to taking enforcement action in relation to improving housing conditions within privately rented and privately owned housing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good oral and written skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel etc.)
- Ability to read and understand floor layouts and building plans
For more information or a confidential chat please call 0191 5811000
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.